Title: Physicist – Intern
Start Date: Monday, May 2, 2022
End Date: Friday August 19, 2022
Term: Contract; Full-Time
Note: This position requires the intern to work in the Moncton Laboratory. Remote work is not possible.
Breathe BioMedical is an innovative medical technology company located in Moncton, New Brunswick. We have developed a platform technology for breath analysis that is fast and powerful, and highly sensitive. With our patented breath analysis technology, we are currently developing a breath test for lung cancer screening and researching additional non-invasive diagnostic tests.
We are seeking a Physicist intern who is eager to learn, inquisitive, collaborative and brings enthusiasm to the team. As a Physicist Intern, you will work on specific projects based on your skills and education levels. Projects will allow you to complete tangible deliverables that both advance the companies development goals and compliment the students’ learning objectives.
- Responsible for one or more R&D project in optics, linked with the candidate’s strength and scientific interests
- Assists in performing theoretical calculations to improve Breathe BioMedical ’s optical design
- Assists the Physics Team in their research and development projects
- Assists the Physics Team in manufacturing new spectrometers
- Assists the Physics Team in troubleshooting and improving prototypes
- Performs diagnostics and maintenance tasks to ensure the proper functioning of Breathe BioMedical ’s optical systems
- Performs data analysis and/or numerical calculations to develop or improve optical design
- Participates in Physics Team and R&D meetings
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in physics (preference 3rd year or above)
- Excellent experimental skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy – willingness to learn relevant tools/software as needed
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Advance knowledge in optics is an asset
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.
Breathe BioMedical is committed to inclusiveness, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.