Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Term: Permanent; Full-Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week (Monday to Friday)
Deadline to Apply: January 7, 2022
Summary: As a member of the Research and Design team, the Physicist will design and implement various experimental set-ups, including developing, conducting, or supervising experimental protocols. This includes, but is not limited to, designing optical systems, alignment of optical components, performing validation tests on equipment, theoretical calculations, data processing, and the development of software tools to aid in the implementation or to automate certain tasks. The Physicist is also responsible for maintaining certain components of the existing systems and to provide technical support to other members of the Research and Design team when needed. In addition, this role will include documentation of the design and implementation of the devices under development.
Internally, this position interacts will all employees and management in particular working closely with scientists, engineers and QA team members. This position reports directly to the Senior Physicist. Externally, this position interacts with industry organizations, consultants, vendors, and health care professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Engineering Physics from an accredited post-secondary institution. Graduate studies are preferred.
- Experience working in an R&D environment
- Experience working with gas lasers
- Experience working with free-space optics
- Experience with quality management systems and standards (ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 14971, IEC 60601, IEC 62304) is an asset
- Designs and develops Breathe BioMedical products
- Designs and implements experimental set-ups
- Performs theoretical calculations
- Performs data analysis
- Provides technical support to R&D team
- Writes findings into reports and presentations
- Researches, develops, and evaluates new analytical techniques
- Maintains proper records necessary for regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and approves policies as required by company policy.
- Evaluates new technologies and incorporates into existing designs and products
- Develops software tools to aid in design and development
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work independently or in a team, prioritizes multiple projects, addresses multiple issues, and handles multiple deadlines, in a hands-on environment
- Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, listening)
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and training and development.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Breathe BioMedical is an equal opportunity employer.