Who we are: Breathe BioMedical is an innovative medical technology company located in Moncton, New Brunswick. We have developed a platform technology for breath analysis that is fast, powerful, and highly sensitive. With our patented breath analysis technology, we are currently developing a breath test for lung cancer screening and researching additional non-invasive diagnostic tests.
Our mission: To empower people with a simple breath test that provides early detection of cancer and other diseases.
Breathe BioMedical is looking to hire a full-time lead software developer, who will be responsible for the design, implementation, optimization and testing of the software necessary for the operation of a proprietary optical spectrometer. The ideal candidate has strong technical abilities and shows initiative and resourcefulness when faced with diverse problems. Such a candidate should be able to perform work that is both low-level, while also considering how a given component inserts into the whole of the project.
This opportunity will give the developer a lot of freedom on how to implement ideas and structure code. We want a candidate that will bring new, great ideas to the table. Since the software is going to be developed to meet the needs of internal team members, communication is critical, whether it is communicating with management, physicists, engineers, or technicians.
- Leads software development team
- Develops, implements, and optimizes firmware and user interface for breath analysis products
- Performs software validation testing
- Documents software design specifications
- Maintains proper records necessary for regulatory agencies
- Reviews and approves policies as required by company policy
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, engineering, computer science or similar, plus 2-4 years experience or Graduate degree with strong background or experience
- Any equivalent qualifications
- Experience with C or C++
- Experience with automation or software/hardware interaction
- Experience with multithreaded software development
- Experience working on large software projects as part of a software development team
- Experience with the C++ standard library, especially more recent versions
- Experience working with version control software such as git
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience working with MySQL or other databases
- Experience in Python
- Experience writing code on Windows and/or using Win32 API
- Experience writing medical device software that adheres to IEC 62304 quality standard
- Writes clean, extendable code
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Well versed in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ability to manage own work schedule, determine relative priority of multiple projects, tasks, and issues.
- Ability to work alone and with a team
- Good communications skills
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breathe BioMedical is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.